Women’s Ministry at Emmanuel is “rooted and established in love” (Ephesians 3:17)
Emmanuel’s Women’s ministry is for women of all ages to know she is uniquely gifted by God. The purpose of our ministry is to offer all women quality opportunities for personal growth and for ministry to our community and world.
Our various events include:
• An annual weekend retreat with inspiring speakers, quality fellowship time, mission and community outreach project, exercise, and quiet time.
• Quarterly “Girl’s Night Out” which provides relaxing time for fellowship paired with a mission project. Examples include cards to our Military overseas, blankets for our local children’s hospital, handmade gifts for our ‘adopted school, Belle Forest’ students and teachers.
• Bible Studies on Tuesday Morning and Evening; Wednesday and Thursday Mornings
• Times of fellowship. We offer opportunities for women to get to know one another better through a variety of events such as Downton Abbey lunch, jewelry making, pool party, ice cream social, cookie swap, cooking together.
United Methodist Women
In Addition to our Women’s Ministry, we have an active United Methodist Women’s chapter.
All women are invited to “grow spiritually through worship, bible study, and prayer, celebrate the person you are becoming in Jesus Christ, develop meaning and lasting relationships, share who you are and your gifts, take action and make a difference in your community and the world. ”
Our UMW is involved in mission work in many different ministries in our community:
• Church Health Center
• United Methodist Neighborhood Center
• Wesley Senior Ministries
• United Methodist Hospital Auxiliary
• Wesley Foundation at the U of Memphis
• First Works Children’s Ministry
We have 2 UMW circles:
Ida Virginia Circle: the 3rd Tuesday of each month. 9:30-11 am in the parlor
A New Circle is beginning the last Thursday of each month. 7-8pm. Call church office for location.